Saturday, June 27, 2009

Emergency Room and Irish Dance Feis...


Kaidan danced in her first Irish Feis (pronounced "fesh") today. You would never have known by looking at her that she had been in the ER until 3:00 this morning...
Yes, you read that right. When I was heading to bed I decided to check her temp because she had been a little warmer than usual all day and sure enough...she was over 101. I took her up last night and Nate stayed home with the others. We were there for about 4 hours, so that's not too bad, considering it was the ER. Her counts were still good, so we were able to come home after they gave her IV antbiotics. Her ANC went up a little bit to 2900, and the rest of her counts went down, but they were all still in the normal range. If she gets a fever after 1:00 a.m. we will have to go back....
Kaidan was telling me that she doesn't like going to the hospital, but she does like going to the hospital. She was saying that she enjoys getting some one on one time, and lots of attention from doctors, nurses, visitors, etc. She was being so funny. I was thinking this morning about how it kind of is nice, just because when you go up with her you get to see a different side of Kaidan. She's so mellow (usually) and she has a different sense of humor about her. I'm sure it's just because she's alone and not competing with the others for attention, but in a weird way, it is nice.
The Feis was great. Kaidan had a huge support system, as usual. A big THANK YOU to all of you who were able to make it. She loved every minute of it. Her dance school, Crawford School of Irish Dance, did a "special" for Kaidan, they are donating all the procedes from that dance to us and they made her a beautiful quilt. I don't have the words to say how grateful we are for that. It not only made Kaidan feel incredible, it makes Nate and I feel truly humbled. We are so appreciative, I don't think I could ever come up with the right words to express what it means to us. Not just this, but everything that our family and friends have done for us. We are so thankful.
I'll update again soon...

No comments: