Wednesday, June 24, 2009

chemo day!! only 4 left...

First of all...Sadie Huish is almost finished with her battle. Her hospice nurse told her family today that she has about 48 hours left on Earth and then she will be living forever with Jesus and her Heavenly Father. Please pray for her family. I am so sad, even though I don't know them personally, Nate and his family do. It's heartbreaking. I hope it's okay that I post her website here. If you'd like to visit it, just to know who you are thinking of and praying for.

www.sadiehuish.blogspot.com

While I am silently celebrating how close we are to the finish line, I am also mourning for another family. It's hard being part of the cancer world. I cannot even imagine the emotions they are feeling.

Today at clinic went well. Kaidan's counts are still very high. I am glad, because I think it saved her from the flu that went around, but they are now going to increase her chemo. I'm a little nervous, but we'll be doing blood draws weekly to monitor her. I hope she tolerates it well. It's a catch 22, because I do hate chemo, but I hate cancer more. I want to give her the best chance at full recovery, and it's a little scary to think that she might not be getting enough chemo to do that. Hopefully she'll continue to do well with this new dosage. She was on 25% with 2 chemos, and we are just increasing one of them to about 42%. They'll increase the other one based on her blood counts in the next couple of weeks. We have next months IV chemo, sedation with a lumbar puncture, chemo in the spinal fluid, and IV chemo the next month, and then 2 months of IV chemo. After that she will be done with chemo!! I can't believe it is that close. It's very EXCITING!!

Kaidan did fall yesterday while she was riding her bike. She banged herself up pretty good and really hurt her wrist. It's not broken, but she's in quite a bit of pain. Hopefully it will start to feel better in the next day or two.

Porter has another ear infection (both ears), so he's on an antibiotic to get him through until July 6th when he will see the ENT doctor.

I'll update again soon.

No comments: