I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get an update with a little more info in it. I have been busy and I think the stress of waiting for results was getting to me.
Anyway, things are going well around here. The doctor on Wednesday said that he doesn't think the metabolizing test will show that Kaidan is having trouble. Usually, I guess, we would have seen her counts struggling from the very beginning, and she started this chemo in April 2008 and we didn't have problems until November 2008. So, he feels like it's unlikely that test will come back positive. We should get those results next week sometime.
Of course, we are thrilled that the preliminary results for relapse are negative! We have been walking on pins and needles since Wednesday waiting for the results. I will be extra thrilled when we get the final test back and it's negative as well! I'm hoping by Monday I will have those results.
Kaidan isn't doing great, but she is okay. She hasn't had too much energy, and when she does get a little burst she plays hard and then crashes hard for the rest of the day. She hasn't been to school for 2 weeks. She is having a lot of aches and pains in her back, head, and stomach. She manages to get through each day with a smile (usually she's smiling, but she has been extra cranky lately) so all we can do is hope that this will pass. We did start her chemo back up at 50% yesterday, so we will check her blood again in 2 weeks and see how she does. Hopefully her counts stay good, since at this point we don't have any explanation as to why they aren't recovering.
That sums it up I think. I will update as soon as I get anymore test information, otherwise you can consider no news as good news. :)