Friday, April 8, 2011

results all around...

I'm not sure what's going on with blogger. I really do know how to use paragraphs, but they just disappear when I publish the post. I'm sorry that makes it hard to read :)


Kaidan's orthopedic doctor FINALLY returned my calls and basically said that the MRI showed abnormalities in the bones, but nothing new and nothing that should be causing the increased pain. He suggested we give her Ibuprofen and let time take over. I told him we've been doing that for 3 years and something needs to change. I asked him if he was certain there wasn't leukemia lurking in there causing the pain - he said there isn't. He told me that he thinks the best thing at this point is to see another doctor and get a new set of eyes on it. So, we start over. I really would just let it all go, but I can't handle Kaidan being in pain all the time, so i won't. Also, the stomach issues seem better right now!!!


Nate's MRI went well. The 2 lumps they were looking at are called Lipomas and they are really nothing to be concerned about. Unfortunately, they inadvertently found a nodule on his thyroid and there is a 15% chance it is cancerous. He will be having a Fine Needle Biopsy done by ultrasound next week. I'm worried, because I think of when he had melanoma. Only 5% of skin cancers are melanoma - his was. So, while I know that 15% chance of cancer means 85% chance it's not...we had 95% chance it wasn't melanoma - and it was. Ahhh...I am so, so, so tired of living this life. It's exhausting.

That's it for now. I will soon be posting on our SLC CureSearch Walk (we'd love you to join our team - Team Awesome!!) - so keep watching for that.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck, your family will be in our prayers.

Amanda said...

Thinking about you guys. I am so sorry about everything.

Shari said...

You don't know me but someone told me about you. My daughter had all the same problems. We found a doctor in Philadelphia that worked miracles. Please email me your phone number or email so I can give you all the info I have. My name is Shari Iverson.

Crystal and Skyler said...

Im so sorry Mystee. Its just not fair that you have to keep dealing with all this stuff when cancer is supposed to be "done" And then also having another cancer scare is just too much. I am so sorry you have to go through this. I do know that if anyone can do it though it is you. You are amazing and I look up to you alot. I am so happy that Kaidans GI issues seem to be doing better, Yay for some good news! Tell her Im really happy she is feeling better in that aspect. I will continue to keep you guys in my prayers.

braden and janae said...

i'm sorry! i hope nate's isn't cancer! and i wish these doctors could help poor kaidan!