Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ONE YEAR OFF TREATMENT...really??

Wow! Yesterday Kaidan had her monthly oncology check-up, and it was her one year off treatment check-up, so they did extra blood tests, an echocardiogram, and a couple other tests. Everything looked really good, so for the next 6 months she only has to be seen every 6 weeks instead of every 4.

I can't really say that it feels like we've been done with chemo for a whole year. Some days it feels like we are still in the middle of it because of the side effects she struggles with, other days it seems like it's been forever since we were there. Either way, I'm happy that she's doing well and living a mostly normal life - she definitely deserves it.

Everyone else is doing well. Nate is recovering nicely and has gone back to work, my knee is almost back to normal, and Cash's hip complaints are few and far between. Preslee is getting geared up for a soccer tournament in Vegas over Thanksgiving and Porter has hit the terrible twos :)

Tonight I got to chat with some other cancer moms who have become great friends to me. Please keep all their little ones in your thoughts and prayers as they are all in different stages of treatment.

2 comments:

Briana said...

sounds like you guys have been busy! never a dull moment, right? :)

congrats on one year off treatment! how wonderful! i bet it is kind of a surreal feelings at times. glad things are looking pretty good!

Chelsea said...

YAY for being off treatment one year!! Boo for side effects :( I am so sorry she is still dealing with all that crap. I cant even begin to tell you what a soft spot I have for little Kaidan. She is such a sweetheart. It has been great seeing you guys so much this week! Oh, and I have a little terrible 2 here too. Its fun... right??